Duration: 2021-07-23 - 2021-12-31
Monthly Salary: $0.00 - $0.00
Job position: Gaucho Chef
Adega Gaucha - Gaucho Chef
Adega Gaucha is looking for a Gaucho Chef, who will be responsible for the successful management of a restaurant’s kitchen and cover a wide range of skills from developing satisfactory menus to problem-solving.
Responsibilities for Gaucho Chef
- Season and grill meats according to Brazilian Churrascaria recipes.
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner using traditional style and methods of the Brazilian gaucho culture.
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production.
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order.
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met.
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices.
Gaucho Chef Qualifications/Skills
- Planning and multi-tasking.
- Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently.
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to pass a food service sanitation course.
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes.
- Must be able to transport objects up to 40 lbs, stand for long periods of time, and work at a quick pace.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Culinary certification or degree from a culinary school preferred.
- 2-3 years food service or restaurant experience preferred.